My memory of Marla was of a beautiful, thoughtful, interested and interesting woman. Heaven must be all aglow.
1. The ability to become strong and successful again after something bad happens.
2. The ineffable quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back stronger than ever.
3. The capacity to withstand stress and catastrophe.
4. The ability to cope with change.
5. Being able to endure tribulation without cracking, closely connected to happiness.
See what I mean? She faced cancer with an uncommon courage that amazed all of us. One day as we sat waiting for chemo, I asked her how she coped with the fear and anxiety. Without even a moment of hesitation she replied, "you don't let it get in your mind." That was our take-charge Marla. She simply took charge of her mind. As she said in one of her posts, " in spite of cancer, I choose to be happy." She made this devastating loss so much easier for us. She was one of a kind.